The Townsend Hotel, located in the heart of the walkable downtown community and upscale shopping district of Birmingham, Michigan, is a AAA Four-Diamond, Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star luxury hotel. Since its grand opening in 1988, The Townsend Hotel has continuously set the standard for quality and service, with spacious rooms and suites, upscale dining and exceptional amenities. For more than 29 years, the hotel has been providing world-class service for luxurious getaways, special events or business conferences. On property, guests and visitors can enjoy a traditional Afternoon Tea, an impeccable dining experience at the Rugby Grille and a gourmet Lavazza coffee with a handmade scone (among many of their freshly made offerings) at The Townsend Bakery. Diners seeking a quick and casual bite, a formal, gourmet dining experience or perhaps something in between, can find it all under one roof at the luxury property.
The hotel’s lobby is highlighted with traditional English décor, marble fireplaces, Waterford crystal chandeliers, custom murals and fresh floral arrangements. 300 square feet (28 square meters) of comforting space awaits you in our well-appointed guest rooms. Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, each spacious, individually decorated Guest Room offers classical, European fine furnishings and creates a distinguished yet calming ambiance. The oversized marble bathroom in every room features a deep soaking tub as well as Gilchrist & Soames bath amenities. Make your reservation today!
The Townsend Hotel offers a number of superior meeting and event facilities to accommodate gatherings from 5 to 500 people, including the newly renovated Townsend Ballroom, which has been home to thousands of memorable milestone celebrations. Book your next meeting with The Townsend!
- 2015 - 500 Top Hotels Worldwide by Travel + Leisure Magazine
- 2015 - Townsend Hotel Forbes Travel Guide Four Star Hotel
- 2015, 2014,2013,2012, 20122 – Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence for Five Years in a Row
- 2015 - Forbes Travel Guide rated Rugby Grille only Forbes Travel Guide Rated Restaurant in MI
- 2015- AAA Four Diamond Hotel: Rated Four Diamond for 26 years
- 2015 – Elitetraveler Finest Dining Best Restaurant in Detroit
- 2012 - Hotel of the Year - Lebanese American Chamber of Commerce
- 2012 - Condé Nast Traveler - Best in the World 2012 - Midwest Hotel
- 2012 -500 Best Hotels in the World by Travel + Leisure Magazine
- 2011 -World 's Best Awards by Travel + Leisure Magazine
- 2011-DBusiness Top Metro Detroit Restaurant for Business
- 2011 Zagat's - America's Top Restaurants, Noteworthy Places
- 2010 World's Best Awards by Travel + Leisure Magazine
- 2010 Zagat’s – America’s Top Restaurants, Top Food Ranking