Downtown Birmingham shoppers are enjoying special perks as the City undergoes the Old Woodward Reconstruction Project. The project will transform the underground functionality and the above-ground aesthetics of downtown Birmingham for many years to come. Due to overwhelming support from shoppers, the initial phase of the Birmingham Bonus Bucks program has ended.
Rather than eliminate the program altogether, the BSD has announced it will allocate additional funds toward Phase Two of the Birmingham Bonus Bucks Program, which began at 3 p.m. on Friday, April 27! All receipts dated April 9, 2018 or later are accepted for Phase Two of the Birmingham Bonus Bucks Program.
The Birmingham Shopping District (BSD) wants the public to know shops are open and accessible throughout construction, and they’re counting on customer support during the project. As an extra incentive for shoppers, the BSD is offering Birmingham Bonus Bucks (BBB) throughout construction! Details about Phase Two of the Birmingham Bonus Bucks program are as follows:
Information for Shoppers
Information for Merchants
Phase Two Shopper Information
- $10 in Birmingham Bonus Bucks will be awarded to shoppers for every $100 in purchases at BSD shops and boutiques, and for every $200 spent at BSD restaurants starting at 3 p.m. on April 27 and until the promotion maximum has been reached. Receipts received after Friday, April 27 at 3:00 pm are eligible for the phase two promotional value. All receipts dated April 9, 2018 or later are accepted for Phase Two of the Birmingham Bonus Bucks Program. A restaurant is defined as any BSD business that serves food and beverages. Groceries, tax and tip do not qualify.
- Birmingham Bonus Bucks must be redeemed in person for their full $10 value (no change will be given) during one purchase at a participating BSD business by July 25, 2018.
- Individuals are eligible to earn a maximum of $50 in Birmingham Bonus Bucks each month during the promotional period. Monies from submitted receipts may not be applied or carried over for future BBBs.
- Shoppers may download the Birmingham Bonus Bucks Submission Form here. Shoppers will submit their contact information, the name of the store(s)/restaurants, dollars spent and upload a photo of their receipts. The BSD will issue Birmingham Bonus Bucks and mail them (via USPS) to the shopper. Receipts can also be processed at the BSD office, Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. until the promotion maximum has been reached. Authentic Birmingham Bonus Bucks will be numbered and embossed.
- Purchases made while redeeming Birmingham Bonus Bucks will not count toward earning more Birmingham Bonus Bucks.
- Online submissions of receipts must be received no later than July 16, 2018 in order for Birmingham Bonus Bucks to be mailed to the recipient.
- Individuals must apply for BBBs for themselves and not on behalf of others.
- Exclusions include: groceries, tax, tip, movies, memberships, fitness clubs, packaged alcohol, tobacco, pharmaceuticals, hair salons, services, medical and dental expenses, and hotel stays.
- The BSD has the right to deny a claim or request further information on a transaction, as necessary.
Phase Two Information for Merchants - Download a Merchant Instruction Sheet here.
- $10 in Birmingham Bonus Bucks will be awarded to shoppers for every $100 in purchases at BSD shops and boutiques, and for every $200 spent at BSD restaurants starting Friday, April 27 at 3:00 pm and until the promotion maximum has been reached. Receipts received after Friday, April 27 at 3:00 pm are eligible for the phase two promotional value. A restaurant is defined as any BSD business that serves food and beverages.
- When you receive Birmingham Bonus Bucks, immediately write your store name and date on each BBB. Please note customers will be submitting Birmingham Bonus Bucks from both the initial program and from phase two. Blue BBBs have a $20 value and yellow BBBs have a $10 value.
- Birmingham Bonus Bucks will be numbered and embossed – they should only be redeemed by merchants if they have the proper markings on them. Please note all Birmingham Bonus Bucks expire on July 25, 2018.
- Merchants should direct shoppers to www.ALLINBirmingham.com/BBB for details about how to receive their BBBs.
- Third parties may not file receipts on behalf of customers.
- BBBs will only be distributed directly to customers either in person or by mail.
- Employees may not earn or use BBBs at the store at which they are employed.
- Merchants will bring collected BBBs to the BSD office. The BSD will record the number of BBBs redeemed at each store and will process reimbursement checks monthly.
- Birmingham Bonus Bucks must be turned in to the BSD office by August 15th for reimbursement – NO EXCEPTIONS.
Questions should be directed to the BSD at 248-530-1200. Happy shopping and enjoy!