Saturday, August 20
9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
It's the time of year when 40,000+ classic cars and more than one million people line Woodward Avenue to attend the world's largest one-day automotive event, the Woodward Dream Cruise.
The Birmingham Cruise Event is located on South Old Woodward from Merrill Street to Lincoln. It features 300 classic cars of all makes and models, live entertainment, live broadcasts and more.
Download the event map here.
Street Closure Information:
- Thursday, August 18, Haynes Street is closed between Woodward and Old Woodward. WXYZ Channel 7 will set up their broadcast stage here.
- Friday, August 19 South Old Woodward will be closed from Bowers South to Lincoln. Chevrolet will bring in displays beginning at approximately 7 a.m. on both sides of the street and the grassy triangle. At 12 noon, WOMC will set up a stage on Old Woodward at Landon and Old Woodward.
- South Old Woodward from Merrill to Lincoln will be closed beginning Saturday, August 20 at 4 a.m.
- Brown Street from the Pierce Parking Deck entrance, to Woodward Avenue will also be closed startingSaturday August 20 at 4 a.m.
To receive updates about the Birmingham Cruise Event, register here.
- All streets will re-open on Sunday, August 21, by 12 noon.
The Birmingham Cruise Event classic car show will have openings for about 50 individual cars. The show is on Old Woodward, less than a block from Woodward Avenue. The cost is $25 for the day. Individual cars can enter after 9:30 a.m. at Brown and Woodward (Jax Car Wash). 1978 and older models only, please.
If you don't own a classic car but want to participate in the event, there are many volunteer opportunities throughout the day. Submit your 2016 Birmingham Cruise Event Volunteer registration form today!